Eleven years ago, Crystal Mariscal was living in a shelter with her four children. Today she is a city council woman, an award winning radioproducer, and a community organizer. Tune in as she describes how she overcame every challenge that life sent her way.
The City of Glenwood Springs officially took a stand Friday against the proposed expansion of the Mid-Continent Limestone Quarry. KDNK’s Amy Hadden Marsh has more.
The Endocrine Disruption Exchange , founded in Paonia in 2003 by the late Dr. Theo Colborn, closes its doors this month. Today's show features clips from a 2012 interview with Dr. Colborn and KDNK reporter Ed Williams, and highlights from a recent TEDX tribute. The organization website remains active until 2022.
On Monday, November 11, local nonprofits Bridging Bionics Foundation and Pathfinders announced a new collaboration called "Redefining Transitions: Building Resiliency." This program partners professional counseling with advanced physical therapy for individuals with spinal cord injuries or neurological mobility impairments as well as their caregivers. Representing Bridging Bionics, Jamie Ramge and Nate White, joined by Laura Irmen for Pathfinders, gave details on Express Yourself.
- California Restaurant Industry Group Sues Berkeley Over Natural Gas Ban
- U.S. Navy Presses On With Board Review Of SEAL Eddie Gallagher Despite Trump's Tweet
- They Bring Medical Care To The Homeless And Build Relationships To Save Lives
- Former Baltimore Mayor Pleads Guilty In Children's Book Scandal
- Advocates Challenge Trump Administration Plan To Let States And Towns Block Refugees
- Infecting Mosquitoes With Bacteria Could Have A Big Payoff
- Utah Woman Charged With Lewdness After Being Topless In Her Own Home
- A Rare Meteor Shower May Grace The Skies Thursday
- 'It's Going To Get Worse': How U.S. Countertop Workers Started Getting Sick
- 2,200 Miles And 4 Months Later, Runner Finishes Trek Across Australia