Garfield County Commissioners unanimously approved $278,360 for the Town of Parachute Monday to boost the development of a new bus service that would connect the town with Battlement Mesa and Rifle. KDNK’s Lucas Turner has the details.
The National Environmental Protection Act is 50 years old this year and under attack by the Trump Administration. KDNK’s Amy Hadden Marsh spoke with Jayson O’Neill, deputy director of Western Values Project , a Montana-based public lands watchdog group, about NEP, the proposed changes, and what that might look like for future federal lands projects. Click the headline for more information about upcoming hearings and a public comment period.
Nancy Bo Flood is a child therapist and celebrated author of 20 books, many of them for children. Tune in as Nancy reflects on her life, her work in the Navajo Nation and the power of storytelling.
Larry Yazzie is an actor and renowned fancy dancer of the Meskwaki Nation in Tama, Iowa. While visiting the Roaring Fork Valley, Larry stopped by KDNK to talk about Native Pride Arts and the upcoming Shining Mountains Pow Wow. Barbara "Babs" Frota leads this interview with Raleigh Burleigh co-hosting.
- Response To 1st Coronavirus Case In Washington State Draws On Lessons From Measles
- High School Starts At 3 p.m. For These Michigan Students
- 2020 Political Campaigns Are Trying To Avoid A 2016-Style Hack
- Trump Lawyers Ready For Final Day Of President's Impeachment Defense
- Impeachment Trial Recap: Trump Lawyers Forge Ahead, Rejecting Bolton Relevance
- 'The Undefeated' Wins Caldecott Medal, While 'New Kid' Picks Up Newbery
- What We Know: The Helicopter Crash That Killed Kobe Bryant And 8 Others
- 'Fresh Air' Remembers 'PBS NewsHour' Host Jim Lehrer
- New Book Presents A 'Secret History' Of Nuclear War Planning In America
- Imagery Suggests Iran Is Preparing To Try To Launch A Satellite